Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Guns N' Roses @ P.O.P. Bercy, Paris - June 5, 2012


Guns N' Roses was my favourite band for a long time. I was extremely disappointed when the band imploded, but when Axl came back in 2001 with a whole new cast of players I supported it because Nu-Guns is better than no Guns. And of course I loved Chinese Democracy. Sure, it doesn't sound like old Guns. But it doesn't sound like anything else either.


That said I am done with Axl. The concert was very good, and I'm glad my relationship with the band is ending on a positive but there is no way I can keep supporting this guy after the whole Rock and Roll Hall of Fame debacle.

As a fan, I've stuck with him through some pretty indefensible shit. Unprofessional behaviour  , enticing riots, domestic abuse, and much more. But that open letter he wrote to the HoF was the last straw.

Yeah, the gig was fine. It's my third time seeing Nu-Guns and they play great. The setlist is awesome, the show is huge, nothing to complain about there. But I'm out.

Now watch him reunite the original line-up and make me eat my words!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on this post: